See you tomorrow, Zzzzzzz!
While next summer is technically months away, the search for the perfect residential camp near West Virginia for your son or daughter starts now! The earlier that you start looking for a residential camp, the less stressful (and cheap!) your experience will be. Here at Camp Friendship we have come up with a few tips to make the search a little bit easier, so keep on reading.
- What does the camp offer? The best way to guarantee that your son or daughter enjoys their experience is by sending them to a camp that offers what they are interested in. Look through the residential camp activities to see all of the options. At Camp Friendship, we offer sports, water activities, low and high ropes, creative arts, and different evening activities to end the day. There is something for everyone to do at Camp Friendship!
- How far away is the camp? The distance away from home shouldn’t affect your decision way too much. If you think a residential camp is the right fit, don’t cancel it out because it’s farther away than you wanted. Just make sure to visit the residential camp first before you make any final decisions.
- Who will be taking care of your children? One of the most important things to find out about is the residential camp staff. Ask about the hiring process, any licenses and training they take, and what the ratio of counselors to campers is. These are the people who will be with your children all summer, so feel free to ask as many questions as you want.
- What are on the campgrounds? Whether you’re taking an online tour or actually visiting the camp in person, find out about the residential camp facilities. Look at the cabins, all of the different fields and courts, the pool, the lake, etc. At Camp Friendship, we are constantly updating and checking the facilities to guarantee a safe and fun experience for our campers!
Now, are you ready to sign your son or daughter up for the best residential camp near West Virginia? Then contact Camp Friendship today at (434)-589-8950 for more information or to schedule a tour!
Have you ever considered sending your son or daughter to summer camp? The benefits of summer camp are infinite, and give you the perfect excuse to sign them up right away! But how can you be sure that you’re choosing the right summer camp for your son or daughter? Meet Camp Friendship, we are the best summer camp in Virginia, and we promise your son or daughter will have the best camp experience!
The best way to ensure that your son or daughter enjoys camp is by sending them to one that caters to their interests. If there are specific summer camp activities that your son or daughter is interested in pursuing, choose a camp that offers them!
Now, its time to get out there and continue the search for the best summer camp in Virginia for your son or daughter! And you can start with Camp Friendship, call us at 434-589-8950 for more information or to schedule a tour today.
One of the highlights of summer for children is spending a few weeks at overnight camp! Here, they have endless hours of fun and adventure that they can’t have anywhere else. So what exactly is the best part about going to an overnight camp near Washington D.C? At Camp Friendship, we believe that it’s all the lifelong friends that campers will make!
When looking at overnight camps, a lot of parent’s main concern is whether or not their child will make friends. But rest assured, by the end of the first day, your child will have met a ton of new people, and likely met one of their new best friends! A lot of campers make new friends by finding other children that have similar interests. That makes our overnight camp activities the prime opportunity to make new friends. Children have to communicate and work with each other to achieve a common goal. By doing this, children aren’t just making new friends, they are also gaining social skills, boosting their self-esteem, and also gaining self-confidence, all while having a fun time! Our safe and supportive overnight camp environment is the perfect place for children to discover who they truly are. Therefore, making friends that support them and have similar mindsets. School can be a stressful place, therefore finding time to make friends can often be hard. Allowing overnight camp is the perfect place to make new friends happen!
So are you ready to sign your son or daughter up for the best overnight camp near Washington D.C.?! Then call Camp Friendship to get more information or to schedule a tour today at (434)-589-8950.
Are you looking for summer plans for your daughter next year? At Camp Friendship, we have an equestrian camp for girls ages 9-16. Whether your daughter has never rode a horse before, or she has been riding for years, Camp Friendship offers the best riding camp near Washington D.C. Keep on reading to learn more about our riding camp and why it is a great option for your daughter’s summer plans!
At Camp Friendship, girls will receive a combination of well-instructed English hunt seat ring lessons as well as ours of fun with our horses! These lessons focus on the fundamentals of both the horse and the rider. We have ninety horses that we describe as wonderful and versatile, allowing for a fun and safe experience at our riding camp. Our horses at riding camp are all different sizes, colors, and breeds allowing a perfect match for each camper, whether they are a beginner or advanced. Our riding camp facilities are state of the art and close to the campers living quarters. In addition to all of the summer camp facilities that Camp Friendship has to offer, we have a barn, four different sized outdoor rings, an indoor arena, and over 750 acres open fields and trails. This land allows girls to take horses out to explore and learn as well as enjoy the beauty of Camp Friendship’s surroundings. Besides our girls-only riding camp program, we also have a one-hour riding program for both boys and girls ages 8-16. Campers can choose riding as one of their summer camp activities at Camp Friendship and learn the fundamentals and various exercises. Your daughter (or son!) will definitely have the time of their life at Camp Friendship’s equestrian camp!
If you’re interested in the best riding camp near Washington D.C., contact us at Camp Friendship today. Call us at (434)-589-8950 for more information or to schedule a tour today!
As parents we have a responsibility to our children to help them grow to be the best they can be. In this digital world we all live in today it’s becoming increasingly difficult to keep our children connected to people as opposed to their digital devices. It seems to go against everything our society dictates these days as everything is headed to an even more digitally focused way of life. This however couldn’t be further from the truth and I’m about to tell you why.
A study completed by the P21 Organization which is comprised of global leaders like Apple, Google, and Dell, demonstrates the skills that are essential for 21st Century success. The outlined essential skills are:
- Critical Thinking
- Creative Thinking
- Social Skills
These skills are the basis of what we have done here at Camp Friendship for over 49 summers. Campers are introduced into a world where they will interact with fellow campers and staff face to face. Cell phones are not allowed, screens are minimal to non-existent. Communication is rewarded through new friendships and discovering new skills by participating in new activities with their fellow campers.
Camp Friendship is a global community with campers and staff from all over the world. Our campers adapt to these new situations and experiences by living in close quarters with campers who may not speak English natively.
In just one-week at Camp Friendship our campers are being exposed to a world very different from the one they’ve left behind for a short time. They are away from their parents, meeting completely new people they must interact with, trying new things, and realizing they must work together, communicate on their own, and be responsible for their decisions.
As we prepare our children for success in a digital world just take a look at the skills employers are looking for based on a survey by Millennial Branding of 225 employers.
While the traditional skills such as math, reading, and writing are the foundation there’s a huge deficit in the essential skills our children are going to need in the future.
As child development professionals we see our campers come summer after summer with a sense of wonder. They arrive not knowing what to expect, saying good-bye to their parents with this mix of excitement and fear. That first step alone is a learning opportunity that they can’t get anywhere else. Our campers are greeted by our staff and welcomed into a new community of people just like them. Immediately they are meeting new people, interacting face to face (without a phone, Facebook, or Snapchat) they are pushing themselves. Even our homesick campers are adapting to a new experience where they must persevere and communicate with the staff to work through their homesickness. We help our campers engage in new activities that will challenge them to be creative, to make decisions, to think outside the box.
As a parent this may sound a little scary at first. Think of it this way though, your child is being educated and challenged in ways they don’t even realize at first. All of this happens through games, day to day structure like getting to meals on time, activities they get to choose like archery, soccer, pottery, performances, and so much more. Your child is responsible for its own hygiene (with prompting from our staff as needed of course), care for their own living spaces (remember the last time your child cleaned up their room on their own?), and living in close quarters with fellow campers they learn to be respectful and open minded to differences amongst their fellow human beings.
Camp Friendship is a fun environment for your camper where they will have an experience unlike any other. Even though it will be fun it will provide them with an opportunity to grow those essential skills through proper care and exposure to quality programs and experienced staff.
If your son or daughter is interested in horseback riding, you’ve probably looked at tons of equestrian camp websites already, right? Now, brace yourself for the best one yet and the perfect equestrian camp near Maryland for your child… Camp Friendship! So, what sets our camp apart from the others and why should you send your son or daughter to Camp Friendship? Keep reading to learn more!
- Various Skill Programs- Whether your child is an intermediate rider, or just starting out, you are going to want to put them into a camp that matches their skills and will allow them to move at the right pace. Our equestrian camp programs are separated by age and skill level. There is the Jr. Village with Riding for boys and girls ages 7-12 who ride at the beginner or intermediate level. The Equestrian Camp for girls ages 9-16 for any skill level. And the 1-Hour Riding program for children who are general campers at Camp Friendship who are ages 8-16 and would like to include riding as one of their activities. Depending on the skill level, children will learn different lessons, skills, and exercises to help them improve and learn at their own pace.
- State of the Art Stables- Here at Camp Friendship, our equestrian camp stables are the best around. The horses surround our campers at all times with the barn located across from the living quarters. We also have over ninety horses living in the stables! There are four different sized outdoor rings, a spacious indoor arena, and over 750 acres of open fields and trials.
- Amazing Horses- Like we said before, we have over ninety horses. These horses are maintained all year round and owned by Camp Friendship. Every horse is unique with different sizes, colors, and breeds, allowing your child to be matched with a horse that is perfect for their skill level.
Still not sure if we are the best equestrian camp near Maryland for your son or daughter? Then call Camp Friendship today at (434)-589-8950 for more information, to ask any questions, or to schedule a tour of our grounds today!