Each year, thousands of businesses and organizations in the United States decide to hold some kind of conference. The benefits of holding a conference are endless and everyone that attends it will leave feeling as though they got something out of it. Once you have found a conference center in Virginia, like Camp Friendship, read this blog to learn how beneficial a conference can be to you, your organization/business, your employees, and even your customers.
- An Opportunity to Learn: It’s impossible to attend a conference and not learn anything. You may have gone in with some kind of idea on what you will learn about, but will likely leave learning way more than you expected. Depending on what the purpose of the conference is, the goal behind it is often different. Some might teach new skills, create a project plan, go over rules and regulations, or anything else. A conference in Virginia is a great way to give information to a large group of people effectively.
- Set New Goals: Whether it is a new project, a merger, a new direction, new employees, or something else, a conference gives organizations and businesses a perfect opportunity to set new goals and create plans to achieve them. Setting goals and deciding how to execute them is a key part of businesses and organizations. And with everyone together under one roof, there is a constant flow of new ideas and views on how to achieve it.
- A Chance to Network: Many people who attend conferences say that the main reason for them to go is to network. At a conference, you are surrounded by people who are in the same or a similar industry, have similar goals, and can meet potential employers and employees. And I doubt we have to tell you how beneficial networking is!
Now, ready to start planning your next conference? Meet Camp Friendship, we have the best conference center in Virginia and are here to help you and your organization with anything you may need! Call us at 434-589-8950 to start planning today!
For many businesses and organizations, the idea of having a retreat sounds perfect. It gives everyone a chance to relax, renew, and get back to the idea and goal at hand. However, when it comes to start planning a retreat, a lot of people tend to back away from the idea with the fear that it will be too much work. When in reality, the retreat center that you choose, like Camp Friendship, can easily help you plan and prepare so you can have the best retreat ever! Our retreat center in Virginia has come up with four top tips to begin the planning process. Once you have these done, you can contact Camp Friendship for more information and to schedule your upcoming retreat!
- A retreat is a way for a company to come together to renew or to achieve some kind of goal. Before you dive into the depths of planning, establish what exactly the point of having the retreat is. Is there a specific project that is coming up that you need to come together on? Or has there been some unnecessary tension in the workplace? A retreat can solve these problems and a ton more.
- The easiest way to begin planning a conference or retreat in Virginia is by putting together a planning team. Assign everyone specific jobs like finding a location, budgeting, activity planning, etc. Planning a retreat can be stressful, but with a group helping to plan it, it becomes a lot easier. Create a list of who will be attending, and choose a date that works for everyone.
- Budgeting is a very important aspect of retreat planning that definitely shouldn’t be overlooked. Create a budget of how much money you can spend on the retreat. From there, start to look for locations, activities, etc. that is affordable.
- Great retreat centers are hard to come by. So once you have found one that you’re interested in, make sure to visit. This provides you with an opportunity to explore the grounds, ask about dining and sleeping, and ask any other questions you may have. If there are any specific retreat activities that your organization is interested in doing, then ask the center if it is possible and how to achieve it.
For more help planning or to schedule your upcoming retreat or conference at the best retreat center in Virginia, call Camp Friendship today at (434)-589-8950! Tours of our extensive campgrounds are also available, call us to find out more.
Are you trying to plan a conference? Looking for a great place with amazing accommodations for your next conference near Delaware? Look no further then Camp Friendship! But before everyone arrives, some planning has to be taken care of! Here are some useful tips on how to plan your next conference.
- Figure out what the goal of the conference is. Once you have that, then give it a name!- With no mission or goals, there’s no point in holding a conference or retreat. “Having a retreat to keep things exactly as they are isn’t a good use of staff time,” says Marianne Liteman, the president of Liteman Rosse, a small consulting agency that plans retreats and conferences. “The retreat should have a business purpose. If you don’t have a strategic reason for holding one, it’s better to do something else with your resources.” Now why should you give your conference or retreat a name? It gives everyone attending a feeling of excitement, enthusiasm, and a reason to want to go. It can reiterate what the purpose of the conference is and help achieve your goals.
- Then narrow down the exact goals; ensure that they can actually be accomplished during the length of your conference. Figure out how much time needs to be dedicated to each thing that you plan to address.
- Make a list of who will be invited to the conference. Depending on the purpose of the conference, it may be more appropriate to invite just one particular group out of the organization, for example, all of the managers. Also, consider how many people would be the best. Having too many people may cause others to feel neglected or that they aren’t getting the most out of the conference. Whereas not having enough people can end up being boring or awkward.
- Once all of that is settled, decide when you would like to have your conference. The best seasons to hold a conference are in the fall or the spring. In the summer, many conference centers either have camp or other programs going on. Plus, no one wants to attend a conference in a heat wave! And in winter, there is always that underlying chance of a snowstorm to ruin your plans. Making the transition seasons the perfect opportunity!
Remember, that Camp Friendship is not only an affordable and conveniently located conference center near Delaware for you to hold your next conference, but it is also the best around. We have accommodated many conferences since we began and hop that you choose us as well! Contact us at (434)-589-8950 for more information or to begin planning your conference today!
Come on, wake up everybody!
One of the best ways to restore and replenish your business is by holding a conference! When you hold a conference, you are giving the staff at your business an opportunity to get to know each other and look back at the company’s ultimate goals. At Camp Friendship, we are the perfect conference center near Maryland to hold your next business conference! Our staff is extremely dedicated to making sure your business the best experience possible. And to get started, we have come up with a few reasons why your business should have and deserves to have a conference!
- A conference gives your business a chance to work as a team and reconnect with one another. By spending time outside of the office, the staff gets to see and interact each other in a different light. This allows everyone to get to know and appreciate one another.
- Is there a specific goal or plan that your business is working on? A conference is a great place for the whole company to work on a plan or accomplish it together. A conference center gives you and your staff an opportunity to focus and pay attention to the task at hand.
- Last, but not least, conferences can be fun. Let’s be honest, no one wants to spend all of his or her time in the office. A conference provides a new setting that isn’t the same four walls that your workers are used to every day. Plus, there are plenty of options to choose from how you would like to plan your conference!
Ready to start planning your next conference at the best conference center near Maryland? Then call Camp Friendship at (434)-589-8950 for more information or to schedule a tour of our facilities today!
I’ll race you to the top!