April is over and before we know it, it will be drop off day at Camp Friendship. The most stressful part of going away to residential camp is often packing for it! But how do you guarantee that everything is packed and ready to go to residential camp near North Carolina? Look at these tips for some ideas on how to pack for a great summer at residential camp:
Create a list: It’s very common for a camp to supply the family with a residential camp packing list with everything that the camp requires. In addition, search online for residential camp packing lists to make sure you don’t miss anything important. If your child requires medications, see how the camp handles it. You might have to supply the camp nurse with a doctor’s note and medication a few weeks before drop off day.
- Pack with your child so he or she knows what you are sending them to residential camp with. Ask if they want a list of everything pack so they can easily remember whether or not they brought a specific item.
- Ask the camp if a debit card is necessary for trips and if so, does the child handle it or does the camp handle it.
- If your child is taking part in specific camp activities, find out if they need any equipment or clothes.
- LABEL EVERYTHING. Avoid a trip to the lost and found on pick up day.
- If letters are allowed, don’t forget the paper, envelopes, pens, and stamps.
- Pack reminders of home. Homesickness at residential camp is super common, to try and lessen the sadness, pack a stuffed animal, blanket, photos, or anything else that will comfort your child and remind him or her of home.
- If there is a no electronics policy, follow it.
- Have a waterproof bag or extra plastic bags for wet bathing suits and towels to be placed in during the day.
- Try not to over pack. Sending your child to camp with excess items almost guarantees that things will get lost or mixed up.
We still have room for last minute enrollments! If you’re interested in enrolling in residential camp near North Carolina, contact Camp Friendship at 1-800-873-3223 or 434-589-8950 today!