Camp Friendship, a sleep away camp in Palmyra, Virginia, is all about making the most of your summer! While you’re having the best summer of your life, you will also learn unforgettable lessons that you will carry with you for the rest of your life. Here’s a list of just a few of the lessons you can take home with you from Camp Friendship.
1. Get out of your comfort zone and try new things- summer is the chance to explore your interests. At Camp Friendship, there are plenty of activities that allow you to try something you’d never thought you’d do before- who knows, you might end up loving it! From a wide variety of sports to arts, Camp Friendship will always have a new activity to participate in!
2. Friendship- Summer camps can build true friendships that will last a lifetime! Spending time with others that enjoy similar activities is a great way to strengthen the bond of friendship. We are Camp Friendship after all!
3. Things aren’t as bad as they seem – be happy with the basics! Get away from the materialistic life. Campers will learn how to enjoy themselves and build strong friendships without staring into a cell phone or computer screen the entire time!
4. The value of time- Sadly, summer passes in the blink of an eye. Time goes by quickly so don’t forget to spend every moment enjoying it. Cherishing the moments spent at Camp Friendship will get you through the long year until you come back!
5. Dedication- You can’t be the winning team if the entire team doesn’t put forth the effort and work together. Putting the team first and helping those on your team succeed teaches the true value of dedication.